Women History Month
Women's History Month 2014
Let's celebrate Women’s History Month this October!
The theme for 2014 is Canadian Business Women - A Growing Economic Force.
Empowering women to succeed benefits Canadian women and helps to grow and diversify our economy.
Women have made valuable contributions to the Canadian economy throughout our history.
- According to RBC Economics reports, majority-owned women’s businesses contributed an estimated $148 billion to the Canadian economy in 2011.
- Women-owned businesses currently employ over 1.5 million Canadians, according to the BMO Financial Group.
- This proud history can inspire talented, innovative, enterprising women and girls across Canada to pursue opportunities in the business world, and join in building a stronger economy for all.
- Throughout October, during Women’s History Month, we will celebrate Canadian business women and the contribution they have made to the nation and its economy.
- From entrepreneurs to corporate leaders, women have played – and continue to play – a pivotal role in building the Canada that we know today.
- Date modified: